5 keys of conflict management using mediation
When we talk about mediation, we often think of the resolution of disputes between two confronting parties.
However, it is quite possible to use the mediator's tools without practicing the profession, in order to develop relational quality within companies.
The benefits of integrating mediation into corporate culture are numerous.
First of all, mediation is an alternative and effective method of conflict resolution.
When two or more employees find themselves immersed in a conflict situation, the atmosphere quickly deteriorates, employees lose their motivation, and productivity declines.
Having the ability to resolve disputes in a quick way that allows you to understand the real source of the problem makes all the difference: mediation allows the parties in conflict to express themselves freely and to establish communication based on empathy and listening, which helps people take a process of understanding other's points of view.
But mediation goes much further than just resolving conflicts, it also prevents them.
A company that integrates the mediator's tools into its day-to-day management is a human-oriented company.
Employees who are trained in mediation at JoyCorporate Academy are able to detect situations that may lead to conflict.
We need to have more effective communication with our teams in order to be able to detect risky situations.
We need to understand the sources of the conflict in order to better prevent them, to adopt a benevolent management posture.
5 advantages of corporate mediation:
1. Develop relational quality: Team management is not an innate skill.
- To be a good manager, it is not enough simply to give orders, you have to know how to understand people, know how to supervise them, sanction them if necessary, make them understand their role, listen, and many others. specifics again.
- There are many training courses for managers, but very few give a human concern.
- The skills implemented by a person trained in mediator techniques at JoyCorporate Academy have several objectives, including re-establishing dialogue and allowing peaceful communication.
- This makes it possible to create a framework that takes into account the employees and their personality, the group and its interactions, and finally the company and its codes.
- People who integrate the tools of the mediator adopt a process of understanding the interests of the other, their feelings and emotions.
- Therefore, they are the creators of constructive relationships.
2. Control the costs of conflicts: Incorporating mediation into the general dynamics of an organization will undoubtedly help it to save money.
- On the one hand, the employees who put the mediator's tools into practice on a daily basis prevent conflicts in a more effective way and have better relationships.
- On the other hand, if a conflict escalates, even before someone outside the company intervenes, internal mediation could allow for a faster resolution of the conflict.
- The duration of mediation is controlled, which avoids months of deadlock with significant financial costs when legal proceedings drag on, in particular with appeals.
3. Acting in the solution: Mediation allows the conflicting parties to find, by themselves, a solution to their conflict.
- Its objective is to support, through a game of listening and reformulation, employees in the restoration of communication.
- Dialogue is without doubt the key to getting out of conflict.
- The fact of communicating, taking a step back, managing one's emotions, and that of one's collaborators, becomes an essential element, not only of the treatment of conflicts, but also of their prevention.
4. Restore dialogue: Between two conflicting parties, between management and employees, or even between colleagues, mediation always develops communication.
- Someone who effectively uses the mediator's tools is a person able to know the filters in communication, to understand the place of emotions in individual representations, to question effectively, to develop their listening skills, reformulation and communication. 'emotional intelligence.
5. Consider the future: Mediation always offers a way out of the conflict situation.
- Either a continuation, or an adjustment of the situation, or a peaceful rupture.
In all cases, the organization that resolves its conflicts through the mediation process proves the attention it pays to relations between its employees.