SOLVING CONFLICTS EFFECTIVELY (ENGLISH)
We all sooner or later run into conflicts. Hidden and open conflicts not only create stress but also significantly slow down productivity.
The management consultant and bestselling author Kishor Sridhar describes in this course the psychological causes of conflicts and the most effective techniques on how to solve conflicts quickly and create win-win-situations.
THE NATURE OF CONFLICTS:
To deal with and solve conflicts it is important to understand the nature of conflicts. What are their psychological causes? How do they develop? Why do some result in open conflicts and some in hidden conflicts.
- The origin of conflicts. How do conflicts arise and why are we so bad in managing conflicts?
- The psychology of conflicts. Understanding how hidden and open conflicts develop and how they can be recognized.
- The nature of open and of hidden conflicts. What are the symptoms of open and hidden conflicts?
MENTAL PREPARATION FOR CONFLICT SOLVING:
To effectively solve conflicts we need to free ourselves of frustration and anger. Furthermore we need to deescalate a heated-up situation before we can work on the conflict itself.
- How to prepare yourself for a conflict situation. Three effective techniques to master your emotions and clear your mind
- How to deescalate a heated-up situation. Four methods to calm down others in a situation, when they are mad or bad tempered.
READING OTHER PEOPLE’S MIND:
People rarely reveal the real reason for a conflict and rather find other justifications and explanations. Simple but very effective techniques are shown to uncover real psychological cause of a specific conflict and thus to work at the roots.
- The four psychological motives of conflicts. Identify the four motives why people go into conflict
- What people say and what they really mean. Understanding what people really mean when they say something
MAKING OTHERS WANT TO SOLVE A CONFLICT:
Not always people are interested in solving a conflicted. Thus we need to make them aware of the urgency and open their minds to work on a solution.
- Making people aware of a conflict and its urgency. How to make people aware of a conflict if they do not see it and how to address the urgency out of their perspective to solve it.
- Making people want to solve a conflict. Ways to make people want to solve the conflict when they rather shy away from the effort.
POWERFUL TECHNIQUES FOR EVERY CONFLICT TYPE:
Each conflict type needs different solutions. Here effective techniques for the most common conflict types are shown.
- How to solve factual conflicts. Effective techniques to solve conflicts around factual aims.
- How to solve process conflicts. Effective techniques to solve conflicts which arise when we know what to do but disagree on how to do something.
- How to solve ego conflicts. How to deal with big egos, hurt egos or people who just put their own interests above others.
RESOLVING NEGATIVE DYNAMICS:
Sometimes a conflict solution takes a negative turn and we get back to the blame came. Now it is time to create again a positive dynamic.
- Avoid getting lost in details. Sometimes we get lost in details and lose the actual aim. In two simple steps we can re-focus again on the broader picture.
- Moving from finger pointing up to the meta level. Three techniques to move back to the meta level when emotions heat up again.
HOW TO CREATE WIN-WIN-SITUATIONS:
It is the highes art of conflict solving: creating a win-win-situation which makes everyone happy.
- How to let go of unimportant issues. Clear solutions to identify unimportant issues and let them go.
- Finding the win-win-situation. 3 tools to easily identify win-win-situations and to make others share this opinion.