SOLVING CONFLICTS EFFECTIVELY (ENGLISH)
We all sooner or later run into conflicts. Hidden and open conflicts not only create stress but also significantly slow down productivity.
Conflict - Solving, Resolution,
Management & Mediation
The management consultant and bestselling author Kishor Sridhar describes in this course the psychological causes of conflicts and the most effective techniques on how to solve conflicts quickly and create win-win-situations.
THE NATURE OF CONFLICTS:
In order to deal with and solve conflicts, it is important to understand the nature of conflicts. What are their psychological causes? How do they develop? Why do some result in open conflicts and some in hidden conflicts?
- The origin of conflicts. How do conflicts arise and why are we so bad at managing conflicts?
- The psychology of conflicts. Understanding how hidden and open conflicts develop and how they can be recognized.
- The nature of open and hidden conflicts. What are the symptoms of open and hidden conflicts?
MENTAL PREPARATION FOR CONFLICT SOLVING:
In pursuance of effectively solving conflicts, we need to free ourselves of frustration and anger. Furthermore, we need to deescalate a heated situation before we can work on the conflict itself.
- How to prepare yourself for a conflict situation. Three effective techniques to master your emotions and clear your mind
- How to deescalate a heated situation. Four methods to calm others down in a situation when they are mad or bad-tempered.
READING OTHER PEOPLE’S MIND:
People rarely reveal the real reason for conflict and would rather devise other justifications and explanations. Simple but highly effective techniques are shown with a view to uncovering the real psychological cause of a specific conflict, thus pitching into the crux of the matter.
- The four psychological motives of conflicts. Identify the four motives why people go into conflict
- What people say and what they really mean. Understanding what people really mean when they say something
WILLING OTHERS TO RESOLVE A CONFLICT:
People are not always interested in resolving a conflict. Thus, we need to make them aware of the urgency and open their minds to work on a solution.
- Making people aware of a conflict and its urgency. How to make people aware of a conflict if they do not see it and how to address the urgency from their perspective to resolve it.
- Willing people to resolve a conflict. Ways to make people want to settle the conflict when they would rather shy away from the effort.
POWERFUL TECHNIQUES FOR EVERY CONFLICT TYPE:
Each conflict type needs different solutions. Here effective techniques for the most common conflict types are shown.
- How to resolve factual conflicts. Effective techniques to work through conflicts about factual points.
- How to resolve process conflicts. Effective techniques to elucidate conflicts which arise when we know what to do but disagree on how to do something.
- How to resolve ego conflicts. How to deal with inflated egos, hurt egos or people who just put their own interests above others.
RESOLVING NEGATIVE DYNAMICS:
Sometimes a conflict solution takes a negative turn and we get back to the blame game. Now, it is yet again time to create a positive dynamic.
- Avoid getting lost in detail. Occasionally, we deviate towards particulars and stray from the actual aim. In two simple steps, we can re-focus again on the broader picture.
- Moving from finger pointing up to the meta-level. Three techniques to circle back to the meta-level when emotions heat up again.
HOW TO CREATE WIN-WIN-SITUATIONS:
It is the highest art of conflict solving: creating a win-win-situation which makes everyone happy.
- How to let go of unimportant issues. Clear solutions to identify unimportant issues and shrug them off.
- Acceding to the win-win situation. 3 tools to easily identify win-win situations and urge others to share this opinion.
Coming soon! Release: 01.03.2021!